If you’re planning to adopt the new 4K sources such as a 4K Blu-ray player or a 4K streaming device with HDMI v2.0 output, they will not work with your existing HDMI v1.3 or v1.4 AVR or PrePro. The Evolve II-4K solves the problem by adding a single v2.0 HDMI input for your v2.0 source with pass through of the video to your TV and conversion of the digital soundtrack to analog so you can route it to the analog inputs on your existing AVR, PrePro, or active speakers.
- HDMI 2.0 (with 6G audio/video support), HDCP 2.2 and DVI compliant
- THD + N = .0001% at -115 dB s/n ratio
- Supports extracting the HDMI audio and outputting to a multi-channel analog or stereo digital output
- Supports analog multi-channel and Optical S/PDIF audio outputs
- Supports HDMI audio sampling rates up to 192kHz
- Supports Optical (S/PDIF) audio sampling rate up to 192kHz
- HDMI signal supports High Bit Rate (HBR) audio
- Supports HDTV resolutions up to 4K2K: 3840×2160@24/25/30Hz, 3840×2160@50/60Hz (YUV444) & 4096×2160@24/25/30Hz, 4096×2160@50/60Hz (YUV444)
- Supports CEC bypass
|Inputs||1x HDMI v2.0 [1x Uncompressed AV and Data]
1x USB Mini B [1x SERVICE Propriety Data]
|Outputs||1x HDMI v2.0 [1x Uncompressed AV and Data]
1x Toslink [1x 2 Channel LPCM / DTS / Dolby Digital]
8x RCA [1x Analogue Audio 7.1 ]
|Dimensions||8.4″ (213mm) W x 4/6″ (116mm) D x 1.2″ (30mm) H|
|Net Weight||1.5 lbs (658g)|
Scroll down to “Downloads” for Virtual Com Port Driver and EDID Commander Software.
Follow the instructions on page 6 of the owner’s manual for installation and you’ll be able to optimize the Evolve II-4K for your TV and audio system.
The Evolve II-4K includes firmware v2.16 for use with 4K TVs and projectors. If you have a 1080p TV or projector, you’ll want to use the previous version v2.15. Follow these instructions to access those files:
- Log on via Microsoft Edge browser.
Open Edge and click on this link:
- First page directory includes Evolve II-4K, click on that
- Second page directory includes v2.15 and v2.16 firmware files, click on the one you need to install.
- Click on instructions for installation to complete the process.