If you’re planning to adopt the new 4K sources such as a 4K Blu-ray player or a 4K streaming device with HDMI v2.0b output, they will not work with your existing HDMI v1.3 or v1.4 AVR or PrePro. The Evolve II-4K solves the problem by adding a single v2.0b HDMI input for your v2.0b source with pass through of the video to your TV and conversion of the hi res multi-channel soundtrack to analog so you can route it to the analog inputs on your existing AVR, PrePro, or active speakers.
- HDMI v2.0b (with 6G audio/video support), HDCP 2.2 and DVI compliant
- THD + N = .0001% at -115 dB s/n ratio
- De-embeds native DSD (SACD) and LPCM (Blu-ray) audio and outputting to a multi-channel analog or stereo digital output
- Supports analog multi-channel and Optical S/PDIF audio outputs
- Supports HDMI audio sampling rates up to 192kHz
- Supports Optical (S/PDIF) audio sampling rate up to 192kHz
- HDMI signal supports High Bit Rate (HBR) audio
- Supports HDTV resolutions up to 4K2K: 3840×2160@24/25/30Hz, 3840×2160@50/60Hz (YUV444) & 4096×2160@24/25/30Hz, 4096×2160@50/60Hz (YUV444)
- HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision pass through
- Warranty 1 Year from Date of Purchase
|Inputs||1x HDMI v2.0 [1x Uncompressed AV and Data]
1x USB Mini B [1x SERVICE Propriety Data]
|Outputs||1x HDMI v2.0 [1x Uncompressed AV and Data]
1x Toslink [1x 2 Channel LPCM / DTS / Dolby Digital]
8x RCA [1x Analogue Audio 7.1 ]
|Dimensions||8.4″ (213mm) W x 4/6″ (116mm) D x 1.2″ (30mm) H|
|Net Weight||1.5 lbs (658g)|
We offer a software program called EDID Commander that allows for a higher degree of customization of video and audio features than the default settings pre-loaded into the Evolve II-4K. You’ll need a Win 10 computer and a USB cable to use it and first you have to install the Virtual Com Port Driver. Follow the instructions on page 6 of the owner’s manual for installation and you’ll be able to optimize the Evolve II-4K for your TV and audio system.
The Evolve II-4K firmware is up to date with v2.16 for use with 4K TVs, sources, and projectors. If you have a 1080p TV or projector, you’ll want to use the previous firmware version v2.15. Send me an email request for either one while we transition away from using an ftp site to a more automated method of delivery.