Passionate about quality sound reproduction for more than 30 years, we have listened to, compared and experienced all the speaker technologies existing on the market: electrodynamics, high efficiency, electrostatic, ribbons in different forms, flat diaphragm speakers rigid… etc. Each of these technologies have undeniable qualities, but we are convinced that the one that brings together the most advantages and allows music to be reproduced most naturally are isodynamic loudspeakers, also called Magnetostatic.
THE ADVANTAGES OF ISODYNAMIC TECHNOLOGY
- Diffusion over a large area by plane wave, which allows for immersive listening without sound projection effect.
- Dipole operation, on both sides of the speakers, to recreate the spatialization of the concert in your listening room.
- The use of extremely thin mylar membranes (12µm) for high speed and no drag effect.
- The same type of diaphragm used from bass to treble, everything works at the same speed which provides consistency in dynamic behavior across the spectrum.
- No box behind the speaker; there is no “box sound” associated with the midrange buzz in the speaker. The timbres of the voices and instruments are perfectly respected
- Consistent, balanced and detailed listening even at low levels.
- A regular impedance which does not represent a complex load on the amplifier.
- High reliability over time, our speakers are not afraid of dust or humidity, they do not have a high voltage circuit.
The isodynamic technology well known to music lovers was developed in 1970 in the United States. Through our numerous tests and experiments, we have sought solutions to improve this technology and push back its limits, in particular for bass reproduction.
- PPBM®: Push Pull Bipolar Magnet is an innovative patented architecture. The large section bipolar magnets, manufactured to specification, are located at the front and rear of the diaphragm. They make it possible to maintain the coil (aluminum tapes) in a constant magnetic field when the membrane moves, which is thus perfectly controlled. The bass is more dynamic and transient sounds are reproduced with precision. Listening to a grand piano is impressively realistic.
- A Mechanical Sandwich Structure. Composed of the assembly of 3 different materials: MDF frame, fine felt and stamped sheets held in force by a mechanically welded steel frame. This set is perfectly rigid and not reasoning, it is a mechanical reference which guarantees the absence of coloring and the respect of the timbres.
- Proprietary ribbon tweeters. The ribbon is produced as an isodynamic cell (mylar film and aluminum coil). It moves in an intense magnetic field made from neodymium magnets. These tweeters operate over a wide frequency range and mate perfectly with isodynamic cells. A simple crossover (6 db per octave) allows a perfect fusion of the registers. The highs are soft, precise and spin high to give a sublime soundstage.
|50 – 19000Hz
|150 W (recommended amplifier > 60 W)
|Dimensions (height / width / depth)
|30 ” H x 18.5″ W x 0.78″ D (770x470x20 mm)
|Weight / with stand
|38.7 Lbs / 18Kg