AE 305 Tall, slim, powerful.
A true 3-way loudspeaker, the Acoustic Energy Model 305 belies its elegant profile with powerful yet controlled, mature and near holographic sound
The 3-Series by the UK’s Acoustic Energy is designed to be simple. While this sounds easy, it takes great design and engineering skill to achieve. No visible screws, clean acoustics that has made Acoustic Energy one of the most well regarded names in the Hi-Fi industry.
For the sound to match the elegance of the design we looked back to
the legendary AE1 that Acoustic Energy was founded upon, in particular
the hard-anodized, spun aluminium mid-bass driver that was famous
for its accuracy, clarity, extremely low distortion and high power handling.
Using a version of the AE1 driver with an over-sized custom AE tweeter for
perfect integration was the foundation of the 3-Series.
Allied to new, ultra-short signal path, phase-perfect crossovers, matte rubber coated baffle, and placed in extremely rigid 18mm MDF slot-ported cabinets, the results are some of the most neutral yet engaging speakers Acoustic Energy has ever made.
With its trapezoid angled cabinet and phase-perfect crossover assemblies, particular attention has been paid to timing and musicality, bass notes starting and stopping with instant precision. The 305 mixes the best qualities of a stand-mount with the scale and the punch only available from a true full size floors standing speaker.
- Type: 3-Way Reflex Slot-Loaded
- HF Driver: 1.1″ (28mm)Custom AE design fabric dome
- Mid Driver: 4.3″ (110mm) Spun, hard-anodised aluminium cone
- LF Driver: Twin 4/3″ (110mm) Spun, hard-anodised aluminium cones
- Cabinet: Braced 3/4″ (18mm) MDF
- Frequency Response: 35Hz – 32kHz +/- 3dB
- Power Handling: 200 Watts RMS
- Amplifier Compatibility: 25-200 Watts into 8 Ohms (Recommended)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms (6 Ohm minimum)
- Sensitivity: 90dB for 1 Watt at 1 meter
- Dimensions: 35.4″ (900) x 7.3″ (185) x 11.8″ (300mm) (HxWxD)
- Weight: 37.5 lbs, 17kg (Single speaker, unpacked)
- Finishes: High gloss piano black or white